Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Eid, Hajj 08

30”x40” painting, acrylic on canvas.

This painting is on display in Freeman Public Library of Clear Lake commemorating this occasion. It will be there for a whole week. I thought it is worthwhile to display specially after the shameful terror attack in India. I do thank the Library and the Branch Librarian, Mrs. Karen Akkerman for welcoming the painting. Visiting the library if possible, and/or “A Thank You” note to Mrs. Akkerman , will express the spiritual and peaceful character of Islam. ( Karen J. Akkerman, Branch Librarian, Clear Lake City-County Freeman Branch Library,16616 Diana Lane,Houston, Texas 77062. Email: kakkerma@hcpl.net)

N.B. I was supposed to finish this painting in two weeks. But it took me more than one month to complete the job. The reason is there are thousands of Hajjis in the Holy Mosque. The more I paint, the more they show up, some on wheel chairs. I felt sorry for myself as the rich Saudi Government collects money from them to visit, and I pay for the painting material, and I use the precious short time left for me on this earth to paint them. But on a second thought, I am the winner! Allah will reward me for my painting. And his reward is much higher than all the money the Saudi government has collected. Thus, I am happy! Happy Eid my friends!!!!!



No comments: